GS PAPER II NEWS
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Rural
Why in News
- Recently 5 years of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin were completed. Ministry of Rural Development celebrated Housing Day by organizing various activities with the States/UTs.
About the plan
- Government of India launched the Revised Rural Housing Scheme to achieve the objective of providing “Housing for All” by the year 2022.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G) was launched on November 20, 2016 with effect from April 1, 2016.
- Under this scheme 2 with all basic facilities by the year 2022. A target has been set to complete 95 crore PMAY-G households.
- A total of 7775 to the States/Union Territories in the financial year 2021-22 under PMNE-G scheme. 63 crore has been released.
- Apart from focusing on providing houses to eligible beneficiaries, PMAY-G also addresses the basic needs of households through other government schemes.
- Beneficiaries of the scheme are also entitled to 90/95 man days of unskilled labor from MGNREGA. Help will also be taken through linking SBM-G with Awas Yojana for construction of toilets.
- Beneficiary of PMAY-G can also get piped drinking water, electricity connection, LPG gas connection etc. under various government programs.
- To identify those families who are eligible to get help under PMAY-G as per the norms specified under SECC-2011 but their names are not included in the list of eligible beneficiaries and to prepare an additional list of such eligible families A campaign was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development through the States/UTs using the mobile application “Awas+” for
- The survey was started in January 2018, which was completed by March 7, 2019. A total of 3.57 crore households were covered in the Housing+ survey, out of which 2.76 crore households were found eligible. 51.07 lakh have been allotted to the States/UTs so far.
- This program is being implemented through e-governance solution AwasSoft and Aawas App and monitoring is also being done through these apps.
- The scheme also takes care of the landless families included in the Permanent Waiting List (PWL).
- The state government should ensure the provision of land to the landless families on priority basis as they need it the most.
- In addition, there is an on-boarding of the landless beneficiaries included in the PWL of PMAY-G to map the landless beneficiaries and assess the status of the land provided or the financial assistance provided for land purchase to the landless beneficiaries. The module has been developed.
- This module shows the status of landless beneficiaries either financially or physically giving land to purchase land.
- This module has been introduced to address the grievances relating to technical as well as non-technical issues reported by the States/UTs under PMAY-G.
Aadhaar Based Payment System
- ABPS allows Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) of PMAY-G beneficiary to his/her bank account linked to Aadhaar number of the beneficiary concerned for secure and authentic transactions.
GS PAPER II
Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum
Why in News
- Union Minister for Home Affairs and Cooperation Amit Shah today laid the foundation stone for setting up of Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum at Luangkao village in Tamenglong district at the City Convention Center in Imphal East.
- On this occasion, Amit Shah said that the contribution of Rani Gaidinliu in the freedom movement can never be forgotten.
- The project has been approved by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India at an estimated cost of Rs.15 crore.
- The Manipur state cabinet had decided to set up this museum in Luangkao village of Tamenglong district, which is the birthplace of the famous freedom fighter Rani Gaidinliu and decided to name the museum after her.
- Rani Gaidinliu was born on 26 January 1915 in Luangkao village of Taosem sub-division of Tamenglong district of Manipur state.
- At the age of 13, she joined Jadonang and became his lieutenant in his social, religious and political movement.
- India conducts flight test of indigenously developed Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon
- After her four-year association with Jadonang, around the year 1926 or 1927, she was ready to be a fighter against the British.
- After Jadonang was executed, Gaidinliu took over the leadership of the movement. After Jadonang’s martyrdom, Gaidinliu launched a serious rebellion against the British, for which the British imprisoned him for 14 years and was finally released in the year, 1947.
- Recognizing her role in the struggle against the British, she came to be called “Rani”. After India got independence, he was released from Tura jail. Rani Gaidinliu died in her native village of Luangkao on February 17, 1993.
- She was also awarded with Tamrapatra in 1972, Padma Bhushan in 1982, Vivekananda Seva Samman in 1983, Stree Shakti Puraskar in 1991 and Bhagwan Birsa Munda Award in 1996. The Government of India issued a commemorative stamp of Rani Gaidinliu in the year 1996.
- On the occasion of his birth centenary celebrations in the year 2015, the Prime Minister of India released a one hundred rupee coin and a five rupee coin. Indian Coast Guard launched a fast patrol vessel “ICGS Rani Gaidinliu” on 19 October 2016.
GS PAPER II
Why in News
- The Prime Minister of India, in his first public remarks on the subject of cryptocurrencies, said that all democratic countries should work together to ensure that cryptocurrencies “do not fall into the wrong hands, which can spoil our youth.” “
- The remarks came in a speech by the Prime Minister of India during the Sydney talks as the Modi government is still looking at the regulatory framework required to manage and monitor investments made by millions of Indians in digital currency.
- Last week Narendra Modi chaired a meeting to discuss the future of cryptocurrency.
- Key points of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s statement about cryptocurrency
- Acknowledging that, the digital age is changing everything around us and redefining today’s politics, economy and society, Narendra Modi also said that, it is sovereignty, governance, ethics, law, It is also raising new questions on rights and protections.
- Stating that India has put in place a strong framework for data protection, privacy and security, Narendra Modi again said that, 1. With over 3 billion unique digital identities, India is also on track to connect 600,000 villages with broadband.
- The Prime Minister further said that, “India uses this digital data as a source of empowerment for the people of its country. The country has unmatched experience in doing this in a democratic set-up. ,
GS PAPER III
EX SHAKTI 2021
Why in News
- The 6th edition of Indo-French joint military exercise “EX SHAKTI 2021” began on 15 November 2021 at the Military School of Draguignan, France with the opening ceremony.
- The Indian Army contingent is being represented by a combined team of three officers, three junior commissioned officers and 37 soldiers from a battalion of the Gorkha Rifles and Support Arms.
- The training so far has focused on aspects of joint planning, mutual understanding of the conduct of military operations and identification of the coordinating dimensions required for joint operations in a counter-terrorism environment under the mandate of the United Nations.
- The participating troops also went through phases of combat conditioning and tactical training, including firing drills and ‘toughening for combat conditions’ work sessions.
- The exercise is being conducted in two phases which will end with 36 hours of rigorous practice to recognize the standards achieved during the two phases.
- In addition to joint training, the contingent visited the Mazarguez War Cemetery in Marseille, where 1,002 Indian soldiers of the First World War have been cremated.
- The Indian and French contingents together gave a guard of honor and paid tribute to the martyrs of Veergati to remember their valor.